Course Category: Quran Program ~ Level 1 Core Course
View a short segment of this course: Class Sample
Course Code: QUR 101
Instructor: Anse Dahlia Kaswani & a recitation teacher
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: Sept. 12 - Dec. 19, 2017
Timings: Tuesdays, 9:00 pm CST/3:00 am GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- ARA 100 or the ability to read Arabic Quranic script
If you are unsure of your level or have not completed the prerequisites, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
A complete reading and understanding of the last twenty pages of the Holy Quran, Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
- Students will gain an understanding of the surahs within Juzuʾ ʿAmma during weekly online classes with Anse Dahlia.
- Each student will be paired with a recitation teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma to the standardized and acceptable level that is a preparation for application of tajwīd rules in level two.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete assignments as assigned by the instructor, read the assigned material, complete a reading of Juzuʾ ʿAmma, and review and sit for a final exam.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after September 10th (if seats are available)
1. Recommended: A translation of the Holy Quran for the explanation portion.
2. Required: A medium to large-sized Holy Quran in Arabic for the recitation portion.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact email@example.com