Quran Courses ~ Level 2 Core Course
Course Code: QUR 201
Instructor: Anse Maryam Salman & a tajwīd teacher
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: January 24 - May 2, 2018
Timings: Wednesdays, 9:00 am CST/3:00 pm GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring Terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- QUR 101: "Explanation and Recitation: Juzuʾ ʿAmma".
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 1A).
- Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
If you are unsure of your level or have not completed the prerequisites, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Summary: A study of the science of tajwīd accompanied by an instructor-led recitation of Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
1. Students will gain an understanding of introductory tajwīd concepts (including points of articulation -makhārij - and letter attributes - ṣifāt) during weekly online sessions with Anse Maryam.
2. Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma with her assigned tajwīd instructor, having demonstrated the ability to pronounce each letter to the standardized and acceptable level.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, read the assigned material, complete a reading of Juzu' 'Amma with an assigned tajwīd instructor, and review and sit for a final exam.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after January 20th (if seats are available)
Click here for Registration Fees & Policies
in the Science of Tajwīd
by Ghada Salahi al-Asbahi.
- A medium to large sized
Holy Quran in Arabic for the Recitation portion of the course, a color-coded Tajwīd Mushaf is recommended in this stage of tajwīd learning.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact email@example.com