Quran Courses ~ Level 3 Core Course
View a short segment of this course: Khitma Project with Anse Eamaan Rabbat
Course Code: QUR 301
Instructor: Anse Eamaan Rabbat
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: January 28 - May 6, 2018
Timings: Sundays, 10:00 am CST/4:00 pm GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1 hour each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: Part 1 of this course is offered in the Fall term of each year, and Part 2 is offered in the Spring. Completion of Part 1 is not required to enroll in Part 2.
1. QUR 201: "Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics"
2. QUR 202: "Tajwid Part 2: Rules & the Rhythm of Recitation"
3. Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100, ARA 1A, and ARA 1B).
4. Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
5. Students enrolling in this course must have a firm understanding of the rules of tajwīd.
If you are unsure of your level or have not completed the prerequisites, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Summary: In the Khitma Project, students will recite the Holy Quran from Surat al-Fāṭiḥa to Surat al-Nās to their assigned tajwīd instructors, as a preparation and foundation for beginning with memorization. This is a two-part course:
- Students will attend a weekly online session with Anse Eamaan to follow up on their progress and learn about the wonders of the Holy Quran. Practical assignments will be given to solidify the knowledge of tajwīd rules taken in level 2,
- Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through the Holy Quran from cover to cover with her assigned tajwīd teacher, having demonstrated the ability to apply the rules of tajwīd to the standardized and acceptable level.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures and complete a reading of the Holy Quran. They must re-register in the course every term until it is complete.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after January 20th (if seats are available)
Click here for Registration Fees & Policies
1. A medium to large-sized Holy Quran in Arabic for the recitation portion. (Suggested: Mus-haf al-Tajwid, color coded for tajwid)
2. Excellence in the Science of Tajwīd by Ghada Salahi al-Asbahi
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org