Course Category: Quran Courses | Level 4 Core Course
Course Code: QUR 401
Instructor: Anse Saadia Mian
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: September 11 - December 18, 2018
Timings: Tuesdays, 8:00 pm CST/2:00 am GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- QUR 201: "Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics"
- QUR 202: "Tajwid Part 2: Rules & the Rhythm of Recitation"
- QUR 301: "Khitmah Project"
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100, ARA 1A, and ARA 1B). Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
- Students enrolling in this course must have a firm understanding of the rules of tajwīd.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
If you are unsure of your level or have not completed the prerequisites, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Summary: A self-paced memorization course, students will set a personal memorization target each term and recite to a tajwīd teacher. This is a two-part course:
- Students will attend a weekly online session
with Anse Saadia to follow up on their progress and receive inspirations and
tips on memorizing the Holy Quran, achieving effective memorization, and
- Each student will be paired with a certified
tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one.
This part of the course will be complete when the student has recited the
amount agreed upon at the start of the term, having demonstrated the ability to
apply the rules of tajwīd to the standardized and acceptable level.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, read the assigned material, and recite the assigned amount with a Ribaat tajwid teacher.
- The Crowning Venture by Hafidha Saadia Mian.
- A medium to large-sized Holy Quran in Arabic for the recitation portion. (Suggested: Mus-haf al-Tajwid, color coded for tajwid)
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Fees: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $100.00 (not including
the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late
registration fee after September 5th (if seats are available)
- Auditing is not
available for this course.
Click here for Registration Fees & Policies