Course Category: Quran Courses | Level 2 Core Course
Click here to view a short segment of this course: Class Sample: Tajwid Part 2: Rules & Rhythm of Recitation with Anse Ola Habbab
Course Code: QUR 202
Instructor: Anse Ola Habbab
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: September 11 - December 18, 2018
Timings: Tuesdays, 8:00 pm CST/2:00 am GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- QUR 101: "Explanation and Recitation: Juzuʾ ʿAmma"
- QUR 201: "Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics"
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100 and ARA 1A). Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of the points of articulation (makhārij) and letter attributes (ṣifāt).
If you are unsure of your level or have not completed the prerequisites, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Summary: Building upon concepts taken in QUR 201, students will complete the study of the rules of tajwīd,accompanied by an instructor-led recitation of the second half of Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
- Students will gain an understanding of the rules of tajwīd (proper pronunciation of the Holy Quran) during weekly online sessions with Anse Ola.
- Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma with her assigned tajwīd teacher, having demonstrated the ability to apply the rules of tajwīd to the standardized and acceptable level. Upon completion, advanced students may begin a recitation of Juzuʾ Tabārak.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, read the assigned material, recite the assigned amount with a Ribaat tajwid teacher, and review and sit for a mid term and a final exam.
1. A medium to large-sized Holy Quran in Arabic for the recitation portion. (Suggested: Mus-haf al-Tajwid, color coded for tajwid)
2. Excellence in the Science of Tajwīd by Ghada Salahi al-Asbahi
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact email@example.com
Registration Fees: Non-refundable, non-transferable
- $100.00 (not including
the cost of the course materials)
- $20.00 late
registration fee after September 5th (if seats are available)
- Auditing is not
available for this course.
Click here for Registration Fees & Policies
Option 1: Send payment in 4 monthly installments.
Cost: USD 25.00 x 4 months
Log in to access all registration options.