Course Category: Quran Program | Level 2 Course
Click here to view a short segment of this course: Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics with Anse Maryam Salman
Course Code: QUR 201
Instructor: Anse Maryam Salman & a tajwīd teacher
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: January 22 - April 30, 2019
Timings: Tuesdays, 8:30 pm CST/2:30 am GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Daylight savings time will go out of effect in the United States on Sunday, March 10, 2019. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour earlier after March 10th.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- QUR 101: "Explanation and Recitation: Juzuʾ ʿAmma".
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100 and ARA 1A). Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
A study of the science of tajwīd accompanied by an instructor-led recitation of Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
- Students will gain an understanding of introductory tajwīd concepts (including points of articulation - makhārij - and letter attributes - ṣifāt) during weekly online sessions with the instructor.
- Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma with her assigned tajwīd instructor, having demonstrated the ability to pronounce each letter to the standardized and acceptable level.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, read the assigned material, recite the assigned amount with a Ribaat tajwid teacher, and review and sit for a final exam.
If you are unsure about your level, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- Excellence in
the Science of Tajwīd by Anse Ghada
- Juzu' 'Amma OR medium to large sized Holy Quran in Arabic script. Recommended:
Mus-haf al-Tajwid (Color coded for tajwid)
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org