Course Category: Quran Program | Level 1 Course
Click here to view a short segment of this course: Explanation and Recitation: Juzuʾ ʿAmma with Anse Dahlia Kaswani
Course Code: QUR 101
Instructor: Anse Anse Dahlia Kaswani & a recitation teacher
Length: 1 term (15 weeks)
Course Dates: January 22 - April 30, 2019
Timings: Thursdays, 9:00 pm CST/3:00 am GMT Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1.5 hours each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Daylight savings time will go out of effect in the United States on Sunday, March 10, 2019. Depending on where you live, this may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied at all, class will be one hour earlier after March 10th.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- ARA 100 or the ability to read Arabic Quranic script
A complete reading and understanding of the last twenty pages of the Holy Quran, Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
- Students will gain an understanding of the surahs within Juzuʾ ʿAmma during weekly online sessions with the instructor.
- Each student will be paired with a recitation teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma to the standardized and acceptable level that is a preparation for application of tajwīd rules in level two.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, read the assigned material, recite the assigned amount with a Ribaat tajwid teacher, and review and sit for a final exam.
If you are unsure about your level, you may complete an assessment with a tajwīd instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
- A translation of the Holy Quran. Recommended: The Gracious Qur'an translation by Ahmad Zaki Hammad
- Juzu' 'Amma OR medium to
large sized Holy Quran in Arabic script. Recommended: Mus-haf al-Tajwid (Color coded for tajwid)
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org