Course Category: Arabic | Level 3 Course
Click here to view a short segment of this level: Arabic Grammar Level 3A with Anse Sana Mohiuddin
Course Code: ARA 301
Instructor: Ustadha F. Chowdhury
Length: 1 term (14 weeks)
Course Dates: September 15 - December 15, 2019
Timings: Sundays, 2:00 pm CST/8:00 pm UK Click here to convert to your own time zone.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Arabic Grammar Level 2B or equivalent knowledge.
- Arabic Conversation Level 2B or equivalent knowledge. The two courses may also be taken simultaneously.
- Students enrolling in this course should be well acquainted with basic and intermediate grammatical constructs and be confident in identifying and using these.
Course Description: This level takes students well into the domain of intermediate Arabic grammar, solidifying and consolidating knowledge from previous levels and building on their reading and writing skills through application of grammar to texts and their own writing. The use of a root dictionary as a tool to aid comprehension is also stressed at this level. Students will work on their translation skills by analyzing a variety of texts, without diacritical markings.
- The Passive
- Hollow Roots
- Inna, Kana, Laysa
- Doubled Roots
- Active Participle + the Hal Form
- Numbers 11-99
- Rules of Hamza
Placement:If you are unsure about your level, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a placement test. Once you have submitted and tests have been assessed, you will receive a recommendation for the appropriate course for your level.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after September 7th (if seats are available)
Auditing is not available for the Arabic Program.
- Arabic-English Dictionary: The Hans Wehr Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic, Ed. J.M. Cowan
- Modern Standard Arabic Grammar: A Learner's Guide, Mohammad T. Alhawary
For inquiries, contact email@example.com
Option 1: Send payment in 4 monthly installments.
Cost: USD 25.00 x 4 months
Log in to access all registration options.