Course Category: Tajwid| Level 2 Course
Click here to view a short segment of this course: Tajwid Part 2: Rules & Rhythm of Recitation with Anse Ola Habbab
Course Code: TAJ 202
Instructor: Anse Ola Habbab & a tajwīd teacher
Length: 1 term (14 weeks)
Course Dates: January 21 - April 28, 2020
Timings: Tuesdays, 8:00 pm CST/2:00 am UK Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1 hour each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Daylight savings time will end in
the United States on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Depending on where you live, this
may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied
at all, class will be one hour earlier starting March 8.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- TAJ 101 & 102: "Quran Fluency"
- TAJ 201: "Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics"
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100 and ARA 101). Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
- Knowledge of the points of articulation (makhārij) and letter attributes (ṣifāt).
Summary: Building upon concepts taken in QUR 201, students will complete the study of the rules of tajwīd, accompanied by an instructor-led recitation of the second half of Juzuʾ ʿAmma. This is a two-part course:
- Students will gain an understanding of the rules of tajwīd (proper pronunciation of the Holy Quran) during weekly online sessions with the instructor.
- Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through Juzuʾ ʿAmma with her assigned tajwīd teacher, having demonstrated the ability to apply the rules of tajwīd to the standardized and acceptable level. Upon completion, advanced students may begin a recitation of Juzuʾ Tabārak.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, recite the assigned amount to the assigned tajwid instructor, and review and sit for a mid term and a final exam.
Placement: New students in the Ribaat Tajwid Program should complete an assessment with a tajwid instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until the first day of the next term.
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after January 18th (if seats are available)
Auditing is not available for tajwid courses.
- Excellence in the Science of Tajwīd by Anse Ghada Salahi al-Asbahi
- Juzu' 'Amma OR medium to large sized Holy Quran in Arabic script. Recommended: Mus-haf al-Tajwid (Color coded for tajwid)
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org