Course Category: Tajwid | Level 3 Course
Course Code: TAJ 301
Instructor: Anse Saadia Mian
Length: 1 term (14 weeks)
Course Dates: January 23 - April 30, 2020
Timings: Thursdays at 8:00 pm CST/2:00 am UK Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1 hour each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Daylight savings time will end in
the United States on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Depending on where you live, this
may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied
at all, class will be one hour earlier starting March 8.
Offered: This course is offered in the Fall and Spring terms of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- TAJ 101 & 102: "Quran Fluency"
- TAJ 201: "Tajwid Part 1: Letters & Phonetics"
- TAJ 202: "Tajwid Part 2: Rules & the Rhythm of Recitation"
- Students enrolling in this course must be able to decode and read Arabic text comfortably (ARA 100, ARA 101, and ARA 102). Understanding of Arabic is beneficial but not required.
- Students enrolling in this course must have a firm understanding of the rules of tajwīd.
Summary: In the Khitmah Project, students will recite the Holy Quran from Surat al-Fāṭiḥa to Surat al-Nās to their assigned tajwīd instructors, as a preparation and foundation for beginning with memorization. This is a two-part course:
- Students will attend a weekly online session with the instructor to follow up on their progress and learn about the wonders of the Holy Quran.
- Each student will be paired with a certified tajwīd teacher, either online or locally, with whom she will work one-on-one. This part of the course will be complete when the student has read through the Holy Quran from cover to cover with her assigned tajwīd teacher, having demonstrated the ability to apply the rules of tajwīd to the standardized and acceptable level.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, recite the assigned amount to the assigned tajwid instructor, and submit a term project. The course is complete when the student recites the entire Quran, having demonstrated the ability to apply the rules of tajwid at the acceptable level. Students should keep enrolling in the course each term until they have completed their recitation.
New students in the Ribaat Tajwid Program should complete an assessment with a tajwid instructor. Based on that, you will receive a recommendation on the best course for your level inshallah.
To arrange an appointment, kindly email email@example.com with your name, Skype ID, and a brief summary of your background in Quran studies. We will be in touch with you as soon as possible inshallah.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until the first day of the next term.
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after January 18th (if seats are available)
Auditing is not available for tajwid courses.
- Excellence in the Science of Tajwīd by Anse Ghada Salahi al-Asbahi.
- Medium to large sized Holy Quran in Arabic script.
- The Crowning Venture by Hafiza Saadia Mian, MD.
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org