Course Category: Arabic | Level 5 Course
Course Code: ARA 502
Instructor: Anse Anna-Maria Ramzy
Length: 1 term (14 weeks)
Course Dates: January 24 - May 1, 2020
Timings: Fridays, 1:00 pm CST/7:00 pm UK Click here to convert to your own time zone.
Classes last approximately 1 hour each. Live attendance is not required but recommended whenever possible. Recordings of the sessions will be made available for registered students who cannot attend live.
Daylight savings time will end in
the United States on Sunday, March 8, 2020. Depending on where you live, this
may or may not affect your class timing. In countries where DST is not applied
at all, class will be one hour earlier starting March 8.
Offered: This course is offered in the Spring term of each year.
- Students should be women above the age of 17.
- Arabic Grammar Level 5A or equivalent knowledge.
- Arabic Conversation Level 4B or equivalent knowledge. The two courses may also be taken simultaneously.
- Students enrolling in this level should have a firm grasp of foundational and intermediate-level grammatical features of the Arabic language, and will be confident in reading and writing the script.
Course Requirements: Students are expected to attend the weekly online lectures, complete one or more weekly assignments, read the assigned material, and review and sit for a mid term and a final exam.
Placement: New students in the Arabic program are required to submit a placement test to be placed at the correct level. To obtain a placement test, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you have submitted and tests have been assessed, you will receive a recommendation for the appropriate course for your level.
Registration Fee: Non-refundable, non-transferable
Students will have access to course forums, recordings, and files until the first day of the next term.
$100.00 (not including the cost of the course materials)
$20.00 late registration fee after January 18th (if seats are available)
Auditing is not available for Arabic courses. To achieve the full benefit, coursework should be completed as assigned.
- Recommended: Arabic-English Dictionary: The Hans Wehr Dictionary of Modern Written Arabic, Ed. J.M. Cowan
- Recommended: Modern Standard Arabic Grammar: A Learner's Guide, by Mohammad T. Alhawary
Students are responsible for ordering their textbooks before the start of class. Ribaat textbooks are available to enrolled students at a discounted rate through Daybreak Press Global Bookshop. Once enrolled, students will have access to the discount code through the course forum.
For inquiries, contact email@example.com
Registration Options: Before enrolling, please click here to read the Registration Fees & Policies. Then choose one of the registration options below:
Option 1: Send payment in 4 monthly installments.
Cost: USD 25.00 x 4 months
Log in to access all registration options.