The Project Lina Workshop Now Offered Online

The Project Lina Workshop Now Offered Online

by Ribaat Registration -
Number of replies: 0

header

The Project Lina Online Workshop

Last year I presented the Lina Workshop to audiences of female Muslim converts in cities all over the USA and England. I met women who had been Muslim for less than a month and women who had been Muslim for over thirty years. We laughed, shared and grew together over the twenty hour workshop that was held over two days.

It now gives me great pleasure to announce that the Project Lina Workshop is going to be presented online as one of Rabata’s online community courses.  The lack of child care and/or family support can be daunting and converts often struggle to get 'out' and get to activities. Thus the online workshop was developed to allow for as many converts to attend as possible. 

The three main components of the workshop – Know Yourself, Declare Independence, and Tend Your Ties – are representative of some of the issues and problems Muslim converts deal with in today’s world. We will talk about issues of culture, creed and connections with family, friends and community as we explore what it means to be a western female convert in 2013. The workshop is not a 'new Muslim' course - rather it is an in-depth workshop for female converts - novice and veteran.  

Be sure to join us for nine Sundays beginning November 3rd from 9:00 am - 11:00 am EST. Recordings will be available for viewing later during the week for those who cannot attend the live sessions. 

I can’t wait to meet you!  

Anse Tamara

Interested in attending the next Project Lina Workshop?

If you would kindly take a moment to fill out the Project Lina contact form, we will be sure to let you know when enrollment for the next workshop opens. For more information contact registration@rabata.org

Click here to access The Project Lina Online Workshop